Tweet Your Prayers @TheKotel now has a dedicated app for mobile phones and tablet computers running the Android operating system!
Get the app here, for free!
Or, you can get to the download page by scanning this code:
- Send prayers to the Western-Wall whenever, and from wherever.
- No need for a Twitter account to use Tweet Your Prayers.
- Easy touch interface, it takes no more than 3 seconds to understand how to send a prayer.
- With Android’s speech-to-text feature, you can actually say your prayer out loud and have it sent simultaneously and automatically to the Western-Wall!
- Enjoy a photo gallery with high-res photos of Jerusalem and the Western-Wall.
- Learn more about the Western-Wall and the tradition to place notes with prayers.
- App requires only one permission (internet connection, which is absolutely necessary in order to send a prayer). We don’t request access to your personal information, contact data or any other permission that will make you feel uncomfortable.
- Light-weight app, only 3.5 mb and moveable to SD – so you can have it on your phone and not even feel it’s there! This way, you can keep it on your phone, just in case you ever need it.
We wish to thank all those who took part, big or small, in bringing this app to life. By doing so, these men and women helped us in our mission to facilitate prayer.
The app was developed by aimee daniells.
Our appreciation goes to Yoram Berkowicz for good advice.
We also thank P.W., Y.S,. L.G., D.A., Y.F. for beta testing the app.
The app includes graphics from:
DIAGRAM Icon Set by Double-J Design (http://www.doublejdesign.co.uk) released under a Creative Common 3.0 Attribution license.
The email button was adapted from an email icon by GraphicsFuel (direct link).
Device graphics were generated with Device frame generator and released under CC BY 3.0 license.